Sunday, October 3, 2010

A longer walk!


Last night was a no-go, it was raining quite heavily. This morning was beautiful though; clear blue skies and temperatures in the high fifty’s, low sixties. This afternoon around 3 PM it was 71 degrees!

So I took her flexi-lead and harness and off we went! She took about 10 minutes to get used to the harness & the weight of the flexi, but then she had it figured and used the 26 feet of line nicely. She stayed mostly within 20 feet.

Still makes me smile, to see her trying to keep the leash loose even on her harness. I encourage her to go by saying ‘go ahead, go pee’. Don’t think that makes much difference until she is comfortable with the setup.

All in all it was a nice, hot, somewhat muddy walk with a beautifully responsive dog!

The picture is Luna at 11 months, in season. That leash was  6,5 feet long and I threw it away! Not a very smart idea, but I’ve recently made a new one out of a 16 foot long line. I’m very happy with the new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment