Sunday, January 8, 2012

It'sYerChoice – Tugging and the Food Bowl, Part 3

EEEEE-hah!!!

Attempt #1: Luna sits on the doormat. I put her food in her dish. I put the dish on the counter. I have the tug and go to Luna on the doormat. I slap the tug on the ground while saying ‘’Geddit!” Luna pounces on the tug, then goes past me to try to get into the kitchen to see where her food is. I block her for a moment, release her and point at the doormat. She sits on the doormat. I slap the tug on the ground while saying “Geddit!” Luna pounces on the tug, then grabs it and starts tugging very strongly. Whahoo! I tug her into the kitchen, grab her dish off the counter, move to her eating spot in the kitchen and put the dish down – she lets go of the tug!!

I put her dish back on the counter and point to the doormat again. She sits on the doormat.

Attempt #2: Luna sits on the doormat. I slap the tug on the ground while saying “Geddit!” Luna screams at me (“Lemme get the food mommy!”) and pounces on the tug, again engaging in a good strong game of tug. I tug her into the kitchen, grab her dish off the counter, move to her eating spot in the kitchen and put the dish down. Luna keeps on tugging! I say “Out!” and she drops the toy and looks at me expectantly. “OK!” and Luna dives for her food.

EEE-hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment